How can I support undocumented students as an educator?


Our Co-Founder, Daicy Diaz (Ph.D.)  and CUNY-IIE  collaborated to create incredible professional development modules around supporting Immigrants. This guide was developed as part of the City University of New York-Initiative on Immigration and Education (CUNY-IIE), a project funded by the New York State Education Department. Read here.

Additionally, CUNY-IIE created a Schools Video Series: Key Immigration Issues, Immigration in Elementary Schools, Immigration in Secondary Schools, and Refugees and Immigrants in Schools. Each module features a set of activities and guides to help educators learn, act, and advocate in the classroom.

Visit their work here.

Which states offer in-state tuition for undocumented students?


The following 24 states offer undocumented students in-state tuition:  Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Washington, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. 

Which states provide state financial-aid to undocumented students?


Only 18 states and D.C. provide state-financial aid to undocumented students: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Washington,  Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and District of Columbia.

Which states allow for in-state tuition, but not state aid?


Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Nebraska, and Oklahoma. 

Which states prohibit access to higher education for undocumented students?


Policies actively bar enrollment in all or certain public institutions for the state’s undocumented students, but may still allow DACA recipients to enroll. No state aid or in-state available either:

Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina

Which U.S. universities meet 100% need-based financial aid for undocumented students?


To find the list of universities click here.  

1. Higher Ed Immigration Portal
2. News Nation Now - States that give undocumented students tuition

College Access for Non-citizens is a non-partisan, grassroots, youth-led nonprofit organization (501(c)(3)), committed to dismantling barriers in higher education.